Clean Water Done Right!
Buddy’s has been recommending a programed approach to pool and spa care for over three decades because we know it is the best way to maintain crystal blue sparkling water. Another key to success is having the water professionally tested at regular intervals. That is why we offer free water testing for our retail customers. Our BioGuard® brand pool and spa care programs are designed around three critical success factors:
- Sanitizer water to kill bacteria
- Shock to destroy contaminants
- Preventative algae before it starts with a preventative algaecide
We recognize that each pool is different and a “one size fits all” approach will not work for everyone’s pool, budget or schedule. That is why we offer several pool care programs to prevent algae and cloudy water. Below is an overview of the programs that we have found to be most effective for swimming pool owners in the Baltimore area.
Pool Care Programs
Great for pools of any size or surface type, this system should be used with pools featuring good water flow through skimmers or equipped with a chlorinator. Even with consistently heavy bather loads, you’ll enjoy effective results throughout the pool season. Products in this system vary, but the same three basic steps apply:
Link to additional information: BioGuard 3-Step Care System
- Sanitize with BioGuard’s SilkTabs® or SilkSticks®
- Shock on a routine basis with BioGuard’s Smart Shock® or BurnOut®
- Prevent algae by adding BioGuard Backup® or AlgaeAll 60®
Designed to save you time, the Once-a-Week 3-Step program takes just minutes to maintain clear water, only once-a-week! That's minutes, instead of hours, to keep your pool water crystal clear and brilliant. The program is very similar to the basic 3-step program, but the products are specifically designed for a weekly application.
Link to additional information: The Once-A-Week 3-Step Program
Great for people with a busy lifestyle who want the best results with the least amount of effort. The Mineral Springs system utilizes easy-to-apply minerals and a chlorine generator to produce a chlorine sanitizer. It takes only five minutes a week to maintain - in fact, once you've begun the system, you only have to add the Renewal® product once a week. That's it! We even offer a simple product to convert a regular salt pool system to Mineral Springs. The primary steps in this program include:
- Mineral Springs Beginnings® – a proprietary blend of minerals, is the first step in creating a mineral water bathing environment. Its essential elements are needed at start-up and to protect equipment. Beginnings is formulated with ultra-pure salt. BioGuard has performed rigorous testing on the salt that goes into Beginnings to be sure that it is of highest quality and will not add unwanted "extras" to the pool water.
- Mineral Springs Renewal® - Weekly applications of Renewal replenish mineral levels in the pool and protect your pool finish and circulation system, keeping the water balanced and feeling great.
Link to additional information: Mineral Springs FAQs
Saltwater pools are favored for their simpler and gentler approach to pool care, but they do have some unique needs when compared to traditional chlorine pools. SaltScapes™ Saltwater Pool Care System was designed specifically for saltwater pools and provides everything you will need to keep your saltwater sparkling and protect your equipment and pool surfaces. Works great with any type of salt generator device.
Link to additional information: The SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care System
To find the right program for your swimming pool or to start on one of our programs today, simply bring in a sample of your pool water to our store in Cockeysville, MD and let one of our well-trained retail sales associates perform a free computerized water analysis.
NOTE: With all pool care products, avoid physical contact. Follow safety information on label instructions. Open in well-ventilated area. Avoid breathing fumes. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.